Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Twinkies Are Back!

I don't know if you heard the good news yet---Twinkies are back!! Well, almost.  We still have to wait three weeks for the return to store shelves everywhere of that iconic cream-filled, orange, sponge-cake dessert treat.  It's manufacturer, Hostess Brands, which filed for bankruptcy protection several months ago, has announced it will resume sale of Twinkies on July 15.


What boomer hasn't enjoyed this treat? During four years of high school, my mother packed my lunch every day.  Alongside the chipped ham sandwich from Isaly's and over ripe pear, was a Twinkie. I must confess that even though I had not had a Twinkie to eat in over twenty years, I was thrilled at the prospect of its return to its proper place in Seven Elevens throughout the country. With all the clamor these days about things "Made In America," nothing is more American than the Twinkie.

So America, "Cheer up," better days are ahead!

3 comments :

  1. Fantastic! Any word about wether it'll make its way to South Africa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Any word about wether it'll make its way to South Africa?

    ReplyDelete